Page Navigation

The Vailima Foundation

The Vailima Foundation was established by Charlotte and Norman H. Strouse in 1968 to provide funds and leadership for a museum in the St. Helena area, into which their collection of Robert Louis Stevenson books, art, manuscripts and memorabilia could be placed as a permanent gift to the public.

Today, the Vailima Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, does business as the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum.

Its Board of Trustees directs the affairs of the Museum and manages its collections which are held in public trust.

Current Board of Trustees




Gerry Working

Board Chair



Dianne Fraser
Vice Chair



Fred Zammataro
Treasurer



Katherine Cincotta
Secretary



Reece Baswell



Joan Farrar



Mary Givens



Mario Sculatti

Emeritus trustees

W. Stanley Holt

Liz Martini

William Von Metz

Tom Thornton

Fellows

Dr. Roger Swearingen

Dr. Barry Menkioff

Join the board

The Board of Trustees of the Vailima Foundation is always interested in bringing in new members to support the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum and help share the Story of Stevenson. 

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member of the board of trustees please contact us today! 

Address

1490 Library Lane
P.O. Box 23
St. Helena, CA 94574

Reach Out

T 707.963.3757
F 707.963.0917

info@stevensonmuseum.org

Hours

The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum is temporarily closed.

We hope to reopen soon.